PAPAL ENVOY BACKTRACKS ON MEDJUGORJE, SAYS HIS COMMENTS ‘EXAGGERATED’

Papal Envoy Backtracks on Medjugorje, Says His Comments ‘Exaggerated’

Abp. Henryk Hoser clarifies that official pilgrimages based on visions still banned

by Christine Niles, M.St. (Oxon.), J.D. • ChurchMilitant • December 10, 2017

MEDJUGORJE, Bosnia-Herzegovina (ChurchMilitant) – The papal envoy to Medjugorje is admitting his recent comments have been “a little exaggerated.”

Various pro-Medjugorje blogs exploded with news over the weekend that pilgrimages to the controversial site, where supporters claim apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary have been taking place daily for nearly 40 years, are now allowed by Rome, with the implication that Medjugorje has now been officially approved.

“Today, dioceses and other institutions can organize official pilgrimages,” Polish Abp. Henryk Hoser, papal envoy to Medjugorje, said last week to Aleteia. “It’s no longer a problem.”

Now Hoser is backtracking, admitting that the situation is more nuanced.

“It is true what I said, although perhaps it was a little exaggerated in tone,” Hoser conceded in comments to Il Giornale Sunday, “but it is absolutely authentic that pilgrimages of prayer can be organized in Medjugorje without any problem, provided they are spiritual and do not concern the apparitions of Our Lady to the seers.”

Hoser also admitted that the Vatican has yet to issue an official decision on the authenticity of the so-called apparitions.

* * *

When Il Giornale asked Hoser to speak on the visionaries, Hoser declined to comment. “I cannot talk about this, I’m sorry,” he remarked.

Facebook
Twitter
Google+
http://angelqueen.org/2017/12/10/papal-envoy-backtracks-on-medjugorje-says-his-comments-exaggerated/
Get AQ Email Updates
AQ RSS Feed

One comment on “PAPAL ENVOY BACKTRACKS ON MEDJUGORJE, SAYS HIS COMMENTS ‘EXAGGERATED’

  1. So, nothing has happened. At. All.
    /
    Tune in in another 40 years, folks for these exciting headlines:
    /
    “97th Special Commission on Validity of Medjugoogoo Claims Reports ‘Grave Hardship’ in Effort to Re-interview Seers – Two in Maximum Security Cells for Bunko Conspiracy; Others Last Seen at Obama-owned Resort in South Pacific”.

Leave a Reply