[Did the USCCB stumble again or cover-up for Obama?]
The USCCB has issued a nationwide bulletin insert for all parishes
By Deal W. Hudson and Rev. Mr. Keith Fournier
WASHINGTON, DC (Catholic Online) – The USCCB has issued a “nationwide bulletin insert” for September-October, 2012. You can read it … on the conference web site: www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/religious-liberty/upload/USCCB-Religious-Freedom-Bulletin-Insert_ENG-Color.pdf
* * *
[P]lease note the following about the bulletin insert recommended for all the parishes in our nation:
1. There is NO mention of the election on Nov. 6.
2. There IS a recommendation to contact Congress but NO mention about voting on Nov. 6.
3. There IS a recommendation to pray a Rosary Novena or to GO “on a Marian Pilgrimage” — NOTHING about voting on Nov. 6.
4. The HHS mandate is first mentioned in paragraph 5 with NO mention of Secretary Sebelius and NO mention of President Obama’s support of the mandate.
5. There is NO mention of the Congressional remedy to override the mandate, the Religious Freedom Tax Repeal Act, H.R. 6097, introduced on July 10 with 57 co-sponsors.
Unfortunately, the message of this insert, it must be said, is so indirect it’s practically a whisper, the faintest hint at the message that should be proclaimed boldly by all Catholics as we approach this historic election.
What is this election? It is, in large part, a popular referendum on whether or not the President of the United States can openly and egregiously violate the conscience of Catholic citizens.
The urgency of this referendum is completely missing from the USCCB document …